Acting as the general contractor, Wollam Construction constructed a bridge widening project and acceleration lane to enhance safety and mobility for travelers merging onto southbound I-15 from Promontory Road in Brigham City, UT.
The project consisted of the following deliverables:
– Demolition of 12’ of the existing bridge deck, parapet, abutments & approach.
– Installation of new two bents with piling, 2 – 235’ steel girders, parapet, 34’ deck, abutments, and joints.
– Pothole patch existing deck.
– 2900 CY of cellular concrete fill.
– 7000 CY of import borrow.
– New concrete constant slope barrier, guardrail & cable barriers.
– Asphalt paving new profile – south of bridge & widening pavement section.
– Polyester & thin bonded polymer overlays.
– Concrete slope protection.